- Let go of things others can do.
- Encourage initiative, ideas, and risk taking.
- Ensure that people have clear goals and know how they're doing.
- Delegate to challenge, develop, and empower.
- Coach to ensure success.
- Constantly reinforce good work and good attempts.
- Share information, knowledge, and skills.
- Value, trust, and respect each colleague.
- Provide support without taking over.
- Practice what they preach.
Friday, 7 August 2015
Over the holidays I have been thinking about what makes a great leader, a great manager, a great headteacher...
It's a starter for ten but I think that really great leaders...