Wednesday 14 August 2019

INTERESTING PLACES!

Since I became chair of Explore, I see libraries differently and everywhere I go now I try to pop in to the local library to see what is going on and for ideas and inspiration! I visited Marlborough Library today and it is one of those very quiet old fashioned slightly fusty and damp libraries with a bucket catching the drips and a volunteer sitting at a table waiting for children to encourage them to sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge... none appeared in the hour and a half I sat there! The common demographic was the older residents of Marlborough who clearly like crime novels!! In many ways it makes you realise how lucky we are in York to have Explore managing and caring for the libraries which should be really important, vibrant and exciting public spaces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris