“Our interest is in the provision of an education that gives young people the experience and skills to continually build their careers once they enter the labour market. We urge that the education system be less focused on pushing young people through the hoops of assessment that lead on to higher education, and more focused on equipping them with the capabilities to progress through the labour market.”
- opportunities for high-quality practical and vocational learning
- the teaching of specific ‘employability skills’ like CV writing and interview techniques
- meaningful work experience
- business engagement in education
- high quality information, advice and guidance on work and careers.