- Encourage your child to pretend to 'read' a book before he or she can read words.
- Visit the library as often as possible - take out CDs and DVDs as well as books.
- Schedule a regular time for reading - perhaps when you get home from school or just before bed.
- Buy books and talk about books and stories and develop a love for them.
- Look for books on topics that your child is interested in - maybe dragons, insects, cookery or a certain sport.
- Make sure that children’s books are easily accessible in different rooms around your house.
Thursday, 25 February 2016
READING IS THE KEY TO LEARNING!!
Reading is vital.
Research shows that it's the single most important thing you can do to help your child learn. So read little and often. Put aside some time for it every day. Think of ways to make reading fun.