Thursday 9 February 2012

Norton College!


"You and I possess within ourselves,
at every moment, under all circumstances,
the power to transform the quality of our lives."
Werner Erhard

I visited Norton College in Sheffield this morning and this brilliant quote is painted on the wall of the college reception.

I had been invited by Andrew Cropley, Principal of Norton College and Executive Director at The Sheffield College to deliver my Educational Excellence 'Made in Sheffield' presentation at his Leadership Team meeting which interestingly included one of the college students! Andrew is also leading the work developing the new Sheffield University Technical College and he had attended the session I did for the leadership team at The Sheffield College last year. There are some real parallels and connections between the UTC and the Cutlers "made in Sheffield' projects and it was great to be able to talk to Andrew and his team about the challenges we face building world class learning and the work I am doing for the Cutlers Company to realise the vision for Sheffield as a 'City of Learning'. 
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris