In a world where culture matters and passionate committed people are needed, surely what we all need is intelligent accountability. Accountability that...
- preserves, enhances and develops trust, openness and honesty.
- develops ownership and involves colleagues in the process of school improvement and development.
- supports professional responsibility, learning and initiative and networks best practice.
- engages passionate commitment to a relentless and uncompromising drive for improvement.
- encourages deep, worthwhile responses rather than shallow surface window dressing.
- recognises and compensates for the severe limitations of our ability to capture educational quality in simplistic performance indicators.
- provides effective feedback that challenges underperformance and promotes insight into how outcomes can be improved.
- supports good decision making about what we should celebrate, what we should challenge and what we should change.