My life over the last few weeks has shown me all too clearly, that it doesn't matter what you are dealing with, the challenges remain the same. We must work to create a culture of excellence in our schools, our hospitals and our care homes building provision for our children, the elderly, the challenged and those who need us most where we constantly and relentlessly focus on what works and finding brilliant practice so that we can learn and make outstanding provision commonplace.
Learning to deal creatively with challenges, with setbacks and failure is a key to success, so whatever you do over the next few weeks and months, make sure that you:
- Manage your life to create the space to think and plan;
- Focus on the things that have gone really well;
- Find friends to give you support and encouragement;
- Find things to do that will make you stronger;
- Stay in touch with the real world;
- Look for the little things that make a big difference;
- Exercise, stay fit and look after your self; and
- Collect bits of magic to keep the soul alive!