We all want answers to these questions...
- Is what we are doing working?
- Are we making a real difference?
- What else can we do?
- What could we do differently?
- What can we learn from other people?
- What can we learn from other places?
They were the simple questions which helped us drive our culture and our values at Education Leeds! We were asking ourselves these questions to help us learn constantly; learn from our mistakes and improve the impact of our work. We have achieved so much over the last fifteen years but we must constantly evaluate the policies and practices that shape the effectiveness of our services and ensure that we are delivering value for money. Indeed, these things lie at the heart of intelligent accountability and ‘evidence-based policymaking’. I just hope someone is listening.