Successful schools are:
- happy places;
- healthy places;
- safe places;
- places which are rigorous in terms of their focus on standards, on tracking, on the powerful and intelligent use of data; and
- places where every child matters and no child gets left behind.
- inspirational, passionate and distributed leadership;
- brilliant teaching and learning driven by talented colleagues;
- a coaching and nurturing culture for adults and young people alike;
- a focus on character and skills as well as academic excellence;
- an engaging, powerful and stimulating curriculum offer;
- wonderful learning environments;
- high expectations of young people and colleagues;
- positive and constructive relationships;
- parents and carers as partners in learning.
We must have the courage to continue to tell our stories about this work and to build brilliant learning and brilliant learning places to deliver a vision for the future and for 21st century learning. And increasingly we must create the environment and the culture to inspire our children to become artists, inventors, scientists, doctors, designers, learners, mathematicians, teachers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers and big picture thinkers... whatever it takes!