The How of Happiness offers a comprehensive guide to understanding what happiness is, and isn't, and what can be done to bring us all closer to the happy life we all want for ourselves and our families. The How of Happiness offers a potentially life-changing way to understand our innate potential for joy and happiness as well as our ability to sustain it in our lives. Sonja Lyubomirsky's research points to 12 things happy people do differently to increase their levels of happiness.
These are things that you can start doing today to create more happiness in your life.
- Say thank you.
- Be positive and optimistic.
- Avoid over-thinking and social comparisons.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Nurture friends and family.
- Develop strategies for coping.
- Learn to forgive.
- Get completely engaged in activities.
- Savour the special things in life.
- Commit to your goals.
- Practice your faith.
- Exercise and take care of your body.