- strong, passionate and totally committed leadership;
- clear, shared vision, values and beliefs driving all aspects of the work of the school;
- a wonderful learning team who passionately believe in what they are doing;
- a strong focus on behaviour and discipline;
- high expectations of every child and the whole learning team;
- strong, dynamic and wonderful relationships;
- inspiring teaching within a nurturing culture;
- a focus on developing skills and knowledge and understanding;
- high parental support, engagement and involvement..... and
- some talented, brilliant and wonderful young people!
Wednesday, 7 October 2015
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BUILD BRILLIANT PROVISION?
Following my recent visits to Firth Park Academy, Outwood Academy City and Westfield School and meeting colleagues from Stockbridge High School, I was thinking again about what it takes to build brilliant provision...
What are the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle needed to create great learning and great outcomes?Looking at the work Dean Jones, Andy Ireland and Richard Brooke and their teams are doing at schools in Sheffield, my suggestions would be: