· Businesses with home grown talent which will allow them to grow; and
· Young people with the skills they need to gain employment and be the best they can be!
We believe that every learner in the Sheffield City Region should have:
· the opportunity to develop the enterprise and employability skills that matter in the world of work, which are also the key drivers of success at school and in life;
· access to independent and impartial advice and guidance about the work opportunities that exist in their community, the wider Sheffield City Region and beyond;
· experience the world of work by the time they leave school/college/learning at the age of eighteen.
We believe that every 'Better Learner, Better Worker' school in the Sheffield City Region should have:
· a published and accessible policy detailing their learners curricular and extra-curricular entitlement to experiences of the world of work;
· a governor with oversight of the world of work provision;
· a senior leader with responsibility for the world of work provision;
· access to up to date, user friendly labour market intelligence/information and engagement in a network of provision sharing best practice and learning together.