The programme is being developed with employment sectors brought together by the Barnsley Healthcare Federation in partnership with the Cutlers Company. The programmes starts in Year 9 and develops over two years; the students taking part in visits and work experience placements with employers, world of work, life skills and team building sessions, and carry out employer initiated projects. Importantly, some of these activities take place in half-terms and holidays and require time and commitment. The young people have regular feedback and reviews and are finally awarded an employer endorsed passport in Year 11 to recognise their achievements at a celebration event.
- Provide support and encourage your daughter/son to take up all the opportunities the programme offers, including those after-school, in half-terms and during holidays.
- Encourage your daughter/son to work hard on the programme, complete all the assignments and go the extra mile!
- Attend launch and celebration events with your daughter/son whenever you can.
- Find as many ways as possible to discuss with your daughter/son what they are doing on the programme and what skills they are developing as ambassadors for the school, the sector and the Cutlers’ Company.
- Look for other ways where these key skills can be developed in your daughter/son.
- Stress wherever possible with your daughter/son, the benefits of the programme in terms of the impact on their learning and GCSE outcomes.
- Work positively and creatively with the school and the businesses involved as partners and champions for your daughter/son’s route into the world of work.