We need to switch more people on by engaging their interest, connecting with things that motivate and enthuse them, nurturing and developing their energy and potential. What always surprises me is how much potential there is out there. Our job as leaders, as managers, as coaches, as teachers, as parents, as people who care, is to help individuals set their goals, realise their enormous potential and understand that this is not as good as it gets!
- leadership really, really matters;
- enthusiasm is contagious;
- small is beautiful;
- relationships are key;
- whatever you do be passionate;
- coaching counts;
- persistence and determination go a long way; and
- you tend to get what you expect.