Thursday 31 March 2011

Education Leeds All Stars!

I spent the day, the last day of the Education Leeds contract, with my colleagues and friends at Merrion House and Adams Court in Leeds...


It was a sad day and a happy day for so many colleagues who are facing a new dawn as members of Children's Services in Leeds or moving on to do other things or taking retirement. Happy because the opportunities that lie ahead but sad because of what we have been through together and the fact that life will never be the same again.

Colleagues had worked really hard to make it a special day for Dirk Gilleard and David Dickinson my two fantastic deputies, who are leaving after making such a difference in Leeds.



I also want to say thank you to Rehana Minhas and Martin Hollos two talented, passionate and committed members of my Leadership Team, to Richard Smith, Head of my Governor Support Team, to Tony Palmer, Head of my Property Services Team, to Sylvia Lunn, a simply brilliant Secondary Adviser, and to so many, many other wonderful human beings who have achieved something extraordinary here in Leeds as members of the Education Leeds team.


I also managed to see Jackie Green, Pat Toner, Carol Jordan and Paul Brennan who will continue to fly the flag for learning and schools with Simon Flowers, Headteacher at Carr Manor High School, who is leading the Schools and Learning aspect of Children's Services while the new structure is being developed.


For all of us tomorrow 1st April is going to be a very strange day!
Keep the faith!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris