- We must increase urgency by inspiring our colleagues and making our shared objectives real and relevant to everyone.
- We must build the team by getting the right people in place with the right passion, enthusiasm and commitment, and the right mix of skills and abilities at all levels.
- We must get the vision right - we must establish a simple vision and strategy and focus on the emotional and creative aspects necessary to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- We must communicate so that everyone buys-in to this new vision by involving as many people as possible and communicating the essential messages simply and effectively.
- We must empower action by removing obstacles, enabling constructive feedback and rewarding and recognising progress and achievements.
- We must create short-term wins by setting aims that are easy to achieve and working on a manageable number of initiatives.
- We must never give up by fostering and encouraging in all our colleagues determination, persistence and hard work.
- We must make change stick by reinforcing the value of successful change and weaving change into our new shared culture.