- strong, passionate and totally committed learning leadership;
- clear, shared vision, values and beliefs driving all aspects of the work of the school;
- a wonderful learning team who passionately believe in what they are doing;
- high expectations of every young person and the whole learning team;
- strong, dynamic and meaningful relationships based on trust, respect and sharing;
- beautiful systems supporting the culture of the school;
- inspiring teaching within a nurturing and challenging culture;
- Intelligent accountability encouraging reflection and learning;
- high parental support, engagement and involvement; and
- recognition that all young people can learn and have the potential to become talented, brilliant, gorgeous and wonderful!
Saturday, 15 June 2013
RELEASING THE MAGIC!
I was speaking at the Entrust Breakfast Seminar at the NCTL Seizing Success Conference at the ICC in Birmingham yesterday and I met some great colleagues. I was talking about what it takes to build brilliant...
Wherever you are in the world I expect, like me, you are searching for the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that makes up a great classroom, a great school, a great organisation, a great local authority or a great chain!Looking at the extraordinary work colleagues and their teams are doing at schools I know and love in York, Leeds, Lincoln, Sheffield, Nottingham and Guernsey my suggestions for the jigsaw puzzle pieces would be: