These seven elements mark out the really special leaders I have worked with over the last twenty years in some great authorities where education and learning used to really matter.
- Character: driven by values and beliefs about children and families;
- Competence: great at the basics and simply being there;
- Courage: strongly committed to the things that really matter;
- Commitment: driven by learning, high expectations and a belief that everyone can;
- Caring: understanding that relationships, family and community matter most;
- Communicating: open, accessible, trusting and empowering everyone to be their brilliant best;
- Community: passionately committed to those they really serve.