Wednesday 19 January 2011

Great Organisations

I had a great day yesterday with colleagues in Leeds and it made me remember what an extraordinary group of people worked for Education Leeds...

"Great organisations have people on the right bus all sat in the right seat. When this is achieved anything is possible."


I was, as a result, inspired today and I managed to get really organised and I also read through the huge pile of letters, cards and e-mails colleagues sent me when I left Education Leeds at the end of last term. I must have received about 500 bits of thank you, we'll miss you and you have been inspirational and reading them through reduced me to tears. I would like to write to everyone who was kind enough to send me something however I am really sorry but there is no way I can reply to all these wonderful letters and cards. I do want to say thank you to everyone who took the time and the trouble to send me something. I will treasure these items for the rest of my life but to be honest I can't really believe some of the things people have said... and if it's true that I am so talented, brilliant, gorgeous and wonderful why is it that the only time people say things like this is when I leave. The important thing is that WE changed the learning landscape in Leeds and WE achieved some outstanding results and outcomes for our children and young people... and actually that is all that really really mattered! 

Sorry, but this is a team game and individuals don't change things. So whatever you do think team and collaborate and cooperate with people who share your passions.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris