Monday 3 January 2011

Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life

I expect that like me you will have been reading over Christmas and the New Year...


Among the numerous books I've read was Karen Armstrong's Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life. I know that creating a passionate and compassionate enterprise is at the heart of any organisations success so for me this was more essential reading.


The twelve steps are:
  • Learn about compassion;
  • Look at your own world;
  • Compassion for yourself;
  • Empathy;
  • Mindfulness;
  • Action;
  • How little we know;
  • How we should speak to one another;
  • Concern for everybody;
  • Knowledge;
  • Recognition;
  • Love your enemies.
Karen Armstrong is an academic and scholar who has written about faith and religion and here looks at why compassion is vitally important in our society and our organisations!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

More than anything else, feedback helps us improve and develop.
So, please let me know what you think?
Chris