You don't need to look elsewhere to see great teams and brilliant leadership. Simply look around and, if you are prepared to see it, everywhere you look there are simply extraordinary colleagues releasing the magic where it really matters. So what do you need to do to release the magic where you work?
- Get to know your colleagues.
- Ask your colleagues how things are going, what needs improving and what we can do better.
- Delegate twice as much as you're currently doing to trust and empower your colleagues.
- Check colleague's understanding of what you are expecting them to do.
- Set the direction and always be totally clear what you want.
- Praise colleagues for doing the right things.
- Talk about the journey and challenge colleagues to do better.
- Communicate and keep colleagues informed.
- Consult with everyone about as much as you possibly can.
- Listen and ask your colleagues how they'd do things.
- Be really hard on the problems not on the people.
It's not rocket science we can continue to build brilliant and release the magic if we simply understand that everyone can do it and the keys are simply persistence, determination and sheer hard work.